ESP8266: LED-Matrix Control by Webinterface

According to my interest in LEDs, I build a LED-Matrix as my first real Electronics Project. Now, some days ago, I found the Channel of Tyler Jones, who has written a Tool to easy create animations for WS2812-based LED-Matrices. My thought was, that it is very inconvenient that you have to use a PC and have to upload the new code to the Arduino. Of course, you can also take Gleadiator from Solderlabs, but this also requires a Java-able device.
With this thought I went to the PC and searched for a Webinterface, which is able to control a LED-Matrix, but all the webinterfaces are used to controll the whole LED-Strip in only one color (if you don't know what I mean, click here). In this moment I decided to write my own Webinterface, to control LED-Matrices, or for another use, to control a lot of WS2812-LEDs independent from each other.
Today I came out with the first results. The webpage consists of an HTML5 Color Picker (only supported in Chrome, Firefox and Opera), a piece of text which shows the color-hexvalue and (at least) one button to control the first LED:

Now it finally works! I can change the buttons color in the webinterface and I am also able to change the LEDs behavior:





To do for the next days:
- improve the websites design
- Create options to change the size of the matrix
- maybe add some presets
- maybe make it possible to store layouts

Thats it for now, new updates will be released in the next days and weeks.

Beliebte Posts aus diesem Blog

Smarthome Entwicklung

Getting Started: ESP8266-12E [ENGLISH]